You know your sweetie's coming, why NOT bake a cake?
by Michael Webb
hen I was in grade school, I was often so anxious for my mom or dad to come home that I would wait down at the end of the block, looking eagerly for their car to come down the street. I also remember the excitement of hearing the car pull up into the driveway and racing outside to greet them with a big hug and perhaps help them unload items from the car.
Are you ever excited to see your sweetheart come home? Do you show it? Or has it simply become some part of a monotonous routine?
There are many other ways of letting him or her know you are glad to see them. Of course, waiting at the end of the block is the ultimate in flattery (with a bouquet of flowers--that would really get your sweetie's heart racing or wondering what you broke).
Here are some more:
- Make a special drink for their arrival.
- Have their favorite CD playing.
- Come out of the house and greet them at the car, helping with any packages.
- Greet them at the door with a kiss and a hug.
- As soon as they come in, sit them down, take off their shoes and rub their feet.
- Write a welcome home note on the sidewalk with chalk.
- Present them with a small gift "just because."
Michael Webb is author of The RoMANtic's Guide: Hundreds of Creative Tips for a Lifetime of Love. For more of Michael's free tips, visit http://www.TheRomantic.com/